EUNICE KO is a founding partner of Podo Legal, an independent litigation and discovery services boutique. Eunice has over a decade of legal experience. She began her career as an in-house attorney assisting with mutual fund regulatory work, before becoming a litigator. After making the transition to litigation, she developed core strengths in serving clients involved in business and employment disputes. During her 5-year tenure at a San Francisco law firm, Eunice served as litigation counsel for many U.S. and global companies. She has worked on large, complex litigation matters in diverse practice areas, including business torts, employment, IP, construction and contract disputes.
Eunice left law firm practice to work independently, focusing on providing law firms and corporate legal departments with support throughout the discovery process of large litigation matters. Co-founding Podo Legal allows Eunice to offer discovery solutions where she can help develop and implement discovery strategies, assembling and managing teams of seasoned, proven contract attorneys. Her most recent engagements include:
- Lead document review attorney for major U.S. retailer, Reviewing and analyzing company documents in preparation for discovery in multi-state class action law suits involving various wage and hour claims; developing and implementing document review procedures and protocols; and providing training and coaching to contract attorneys on substantive issues and use of electronic discovery software.
- Evaluating electronic data for global technology and business software company, determining responsiveness, relevant issues, and confidentiality levels in preparation for production in unfair competition and intellectual property rights matter.
- Review/analysis of client documents for leading provider of freight forwarding and logistics services for internal investigation and government inquiry regarding possible antitrust violation.
- Reviewing and issue-coding client documents of global digital wireless communications developer to facilitate discovery and prepare for trial in antitrust case involving intellectual property rights.
- Analysis of data of leading healthcare and pharmaceutical distributor for responsiveness to government subpoena relevant to investigation and inquiry concerning secondary market wholesale pharmaceutical transactions.
Eunice received her B.A. from UCLA and her J.D. from Golden Gate University, where she received the American Jurisprudence Award in Civil Litigation: Pre-Trial. She is fluent in Korean.
Eunice lives in the San Francisco Bay Area.